If you do boxing, you can be the mayor of Regina. Wake up, Regina. Wake up. How did being an amateur boxer qualify Pat Fiacco to be the mayor of Regina? I understand that he has no post-secondary education and never served on City Council or in other elective office before becoming the mayor. When did the office of mayor become an entry-level position? If being an amateur boxer qualifies someone to be a city mayor, does that mean a champion professional boxer like Mike Tyson is qualified to be the president? Of course not. If Pat Fiacco was qualified to be the mayor of Regina, then who isn't? The election of Pat Fiacco made Regina the laughing stock of Saskatchewan.
I, Ashu M. G. Solo, filed the following:
1. Civil rights case against the City of Saskatoon (Mayor's Office) and Councillor Randy Donauer for prayer recitations at government organized events
2. Code of Conduct complaint against Mayor Don Atchison for potential online campaign advertising violations
3. Civil rights case against the City of Saskatoon (Saskatoon Transit Services) for promoting holidays from only one religion on city buses
4. Human rights complaint against the City of Saskatoon (Executive Committee) for retaliating against me by not reappointing me to the Cultural Diversity and Race Relations Committee and not appointing me to another civic committee or board
5. Human rights complaint against the City of Saskatoon (City Solicitor’s Office) for retaliating against me by trying to deprive me of my right to directly communicate with members of City Council and by telling employees of other City of Saskatoon departments to not talk to me
6. Human rights complaint against the City of Saskatoon (Cultural Diversity and Race Relations Office) and City of Saskatoon (Living in Harmony Ad Hoc Subcommittee of Cultural Diversity and Race Relations Committee) for retaliating against me by not considering my submissions to the Living in Harmony Contest
This site contains my media releases, some case documents, emails to City Council, etc.
I don't waste my time arguing with opponents.
The backlash makes me much more determined to fight against bigotry and shows the need for these civil rights cases, so I'll be filing more civil rights cases. You ain't seen nothing yet.